1. In these Conditions the expression “the Seller” shall mean A.C. Distribution Limited. The registered office of the Seller
is Maritime Industrial Estate, Pontypridd. CF37 1NY.
The expression “Buyer” shall mean the person, firm, company, local authority, any local government department, state
department, federal state, federal government or federal government department from whom an order is received by
The expression “the Goods” shall mean articles, things, materials or commodities or any of them described in the
The expression “Specification” means the technical description (if any) of the Goods contained or referred to in the
The expression “Order” means the Order placed by the Buyer with the seller for the supply of Goods.
2. These conditions contain the entire obligations between the Seller and the Buyer and in the case of any inconsistency
between any letter or quotation incorporating or referring to these Conditions and any order letter or form of contract
sent by the Buyer to the Seller whatever may be their respective dates, the provisions of these Conditions shall
prevail. No variation of these Conditions shall be binding unless made in writing and signed by a Director or other duly
authorised representative of the Seller on behalf of the Seller and similarly signed on behalf of the Buyer. Any
concession made or latitude allowed by the Seller to the Buyer shall not affect the strict rights of the Seller under
these conditions. If in any particular case any or any part of these conditions shall be held to be invalid or shall not
apply to the contract the other Conditions shall continue in full force and effect. The headings contained in these
conditions are for reference only and shall be disregarded in interpreting the Conditions.
3. Quotations are only submitted and orders are only accepted subject to these Conditions. All prices quoted are
exclusive of Value Added Tax and quotations remain open for acceptance for a period of thirty days from the date on
4. The Seller reserves the right to withdraw or revise any quotation after it has been made so that no order shall be
binding on the Seller unless and until it has been confirmed in writing on behalf of the Seller by a director or other duly
- Subject to any variations as are mentioned in (b) and (c) below which may be added thereto the Seller’s prices
which are applicable are the prices ruling at the date of dispatch and not at the date of the order.
- The Seller’s prices for the time being in force are subject to variation at any time to take account inter alia of
variations in wages, materials and other costs and if applicable fluctuations in currency exchange rates and
although under no obligation to do so, the Seller will endeavour to inform the Buyer immediately of any price
change since the date of the quotation. The Seller accordingly reserves the right to adjust the invoice price by the
amount of any increase or decrease in such costs after the prices quoted and the invoice price so adjusted shall
be payable as if it were the original contract price.
- If after an order has been confirmed in accordance with Condition 4 above the Seller’s costs are increased by
The Seller reserves the right to adjust the invoice price by the amount of any such increase and the invoice price
so adjusted shall be payable as if it were the original contract price.
- legislative measures of any government or legislature involving new or additional duties or charges or
- any increase in road haulage rates, railway rates, air freights or shipping freights or when goods are sold at a
price which includes insurance any increase in the cost of insurance.
- In respect of Order for delivery in the U.K, all prices are inclusive of carriage and packing and Value Added Tax at
the appropriate rate will be added thereto.
All packages are non returnable.
- In respect of Orders for delivery in the U.K. all invoices must be paid in sterling unless special arrangements are
made and confirmed in writing by a Director or other duly authorised representative of the Seller.
6. Where Specifications are to be supplied the buyer shall apply such Specifications in reasonable time to enable the
Seller to complete delivery within the period agreed.
7. The Buyer agrees to pay for any loss or extra cost incurred by the Seller through the Buyer’s instructions or through
failure or delay in taking delivery or through any act or default or negligence on the part of the Buyer, its servants,
agents, officers, or employees.
TERMS OF PAYMENT
- The terms of payment in respect of Orders for delivery in the U.K. are that payment must be made in full on or
before the thirtieth day of the month following the date of invoice and time shall be of the essence in respect of
such payment. In default of payment on the due date the Seller without prejudice to any other rights may charge
interest at the rate of 5% over HSBC Bank Plc base lending rate from time to time in force on all
monies which are overdue from the date when payment became due until the date of actual payment (both dates
- The price of the Goods shall be due in full to the Seller in accordance with the terms of the Order and the Buyer
shall not be entitled to exercise any set off lien or any other similar rights or claim.
- If the Goods are delivered in instalments payment shall be due in respect of the instalments whereof delivery has
been made whether or not the Buyer claims that any of the Goods are defective.
- If upon the terms applicable to any order the price shall be payable by instalments or if the Buyer has agreed to
take specified quantities of Goods at a specified time, a default by the Buyer of payment of any due instalment of
the failure to give delivery instructions in respect of any quantity of Goods outstanding shall cause the whole of
the balance of the price to become due forthwith.
- Every delivery of instalments and every delivery of any quantity of Goods under the terms of an Order shall be
subject to all the Conditions hereof.
- If the Buyer fails to pay for a delivery of an instalment or for a delivery of any quantity of goods in accordance with
the terms of the order, the Seller may at its discretion, without prejudice to any other rights whether as to
damages or otherwise which it may have against the Buyer terminate the contract and if the Seller so terminates
the contract the Buyer shall no claim whatsoever against the Seller.
- Without prejudice to any other rights the Seller may have under these Conditions, if the Seller receives
information which throws doubt on the credit worthiness of the Buyer, then the Seller shall have the right to
demand immediate payment of all outstanding invoices and to demand payment on account in respect of orders
which have been placed and confirmed in writing by the Seller but for which no invoices have been submitted and
if no payment in advance is made in respect of such orders, the Seller may at its absolute discretion, without any
liability whatsoever, cancel such order.
- The date of period for delivery shall be the date or period stated in the Contract.
- All times or dates given for delivery of the goods are given in good faith but without any responsibility on the part
of the Seller. Time shall not be of the essence of any contract nor shall be the Seller be under any liability for
delay in delivery for any reason whatsoever whether or not such reason is beyond the Seller’s reasonable control
unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing any delay in
delivery of any instalment of Goods shall not be entitle the Buyer to refuse any subsequent instalment or
otherwise repudiate the contract.
- All the Goods for delivery in the U.K. shall cease to be at the risk of the Seller at the point when the Goods reach the premises of the Buyer and thereafter all such Goods shall be at the risk of the Buyer.
11. If for any reason whatsoever delivery is not accepted by the Buyer then without prejudice to any other claim or remedy which the Seller may have against the Buyer the Seller shall have the option either to sell the Goods or any of them elsewhere and charge the Buyer for any difference in the sale price and the contract price together with all the costs and expenses incurred in such sale or to store the Goods or any of them in any public or outside warehouse at the Buyer’s expense in the event of such warehouse charges not being paid by the Buyer then the Seller shall have the right to sell all or any of the Goods to defray the cost of sale and warehousing and charge the Buyer for any difference between the Sale price and the contract price of such goods. Without prejudice to the above terms of this clause the Seller shall charge a minimum cancellation charge of 15% of the nett order value as a contribution to the said costs and expenses such cancellation charge to be paid within three days of cancellation.
- The Seller shall not be liable for any claim for non - delivery, partial loss or damage to the Goods or any of them unless the Seller is notified in writing by the Buyer to the Seller (with a copy to the carrier has been used to deliver the Goods)
- within seven days of receipt of the Goods concerned for partial loss or damage followed by a complete claim in writing within 14 days of receipt of Goods and
- within fourteen days of the date when the Goods concerned should have been received. For non - delivery followed by a complete claim in writing within thirty days of the date of consignment.
- The Seller shall not be liable for any claim in respect of quality of the Goods unless such claim is made in writing by the Buyer to the Seller within seven days from the date of delivery.
- Without prejudice to any other provision of these conditions unless notice of loss or damage to the Goods and the general nature of it be given in writing to the Seller and to the Carrier at the place of delivery before or at the time of delivery or removal of the Goods unto the custody of the person entitled to delivery thereof or if the loss or damage be not apparent within 7 days thereafter such delivery or removal shall be prima facial evidence of delivery of the goods as described by the Contract.
- The Seller’s liability in the event of a substantiated claim for non - delivery, partial loss or damage and in respect of Goods which the Seller agrees are not of reasonable quality is limited either to giving the Buyer a reasonable credit or allowance in respect thereof (or at the option of the Seller to replace the Goods or any of them) or to giving the Buyer the benefits (if any) which the seller may have under any warranty or guarantee given to it by the supplier as referred to in Clause 15. It shall be in the discretion of the Seller which option it decides to take but so that the Buyer may only have the advantage of one of the options and not both. In no circumstances whatsoever shall the maximum liability of the Seller for goods of poor quality or for non - delivery, partial loss or damage exceed the invoice value of the goods concerned. Where any such credit or allowance is made or the Goods are replaced as aforesaid, the Buyer shall make no further claim against the Seller whatsoever in respect of the goods concerned or for any alleged consequential loss arising from their defective condition or from non - delivery, partial loss or damage and the Seller shall forthwith be wholly and completely discharged from all and any liability whatsoever for any claims in respect of such Goods.
RETENTION OF TITLE
- The Title in all Goods delivered by the Seller will remain vested in the Seller and shall not pass to the until Buyer has paid in full to the Seller all sums owing by the Buyer to the Seller under or arising from any transaction of sale or on account whatsoever.
- Until payment has been made in accordance with (a) above the Buyer will so keep the Goods that they can be clearly identified as the property of the Seller and are separate from other goods and products purchased by the Buyer.
- The Buyer shall be entitled to sell the Goods for money to a bona fide customer in the normal course of business and deliver the same pursuant to such sale.
- If the Buyer does not pay for any Goods supplied by the seller in accordance with the terms of payment or any of the events referred to in (e) below the Seller shall be entitled to enter upon the Buyer’s premises and take possession of any Goods supplied to the Buyer by the Seller.
- Upon the happening of any one of the following events including the levying of any distress or execution against the Buyer or the making of any composition with its creditors or the commencement of any proceedings which could lead to the bankruptcy, liquidation or the appointment of a receiver or manager of the Buyer, all sums in respect of Goods delivered by the Seller to the Buyer or arising from or under transaction sale or account whatsoever shall become due immediately and the Sell may enter on the premises of the Buyer to recover the Goods in accordance with (d) above.
- The Seller shall not be liable to the Buyer for any loss or damage or expense whatsoever suffered or incurred by the Buyer due to cause beyond the Seller’s control including (without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing expression) acts of government, government department cancellation of any export or import licence or any prohibition or restriction relating to the Goods acts of war, civil war, strikes, lock outs, labour disputes, riots, civil commotion, seizure requisition, fire, lighting, aircraft, shipping, transport, explosion, flooding, act of God, force majeure, illegality, breakdown, accident, theft.
- The Seller shall not be liable to the Buyer for any loss or damage or expense whatsoever suffered or incurred by the Buyer if the Seller’s supplier or intended supplier as the case may be is unable for any reason whatsoever to supply the Goods or any of them or refuses to supply the Goods or the Seller is unable to obtain the Goods or any of them, whether due to a scarcity or shortage of the Goods or for any reason whatsoever.
- After the cessation of any such occurrence as is mentioned in (a) above subject to the rights of the Seller referred to in (d) below, the Seller shall not be called upon the make suspended deliveries in one lot but the Seller can recommence delivery upon restored conditions subject to a variation in contract price to cover any increase in costs arising for any such occurrence as is mentioned in (a) above and the contract period shall be extended accordingly.
- In the event of an occurrence as is mentioned in (a) above or the circumstances mentioned in (b) above or (c) above the Seller shall have the option in its absolute discretion of cancelling all or any deliveries under the contract and there shall be no liability whatsoever on the Seller as a result of such cancellation.
- No condition is made or to be implied nor is any warranty given or to be implied relating to the Goods and in particular to their life or wear or merchantable quality or that they will be suitable for any particular purpose or for use under any specific condition notwithstanding that such purpose or condition may be known to the Seller.
- The Buyer acknowledges that it is a commercial trading organisation and is entering into a contract for the purchase of Goods from the Seller with full knowledge of these Conditions and is relying on its own skill, knowledge and experience in entering such contract.
- Subject to such benefit (if any) as the Seller may receive in accordance with the provisions of (d) below and liability of the Seller to the Buyer (inclusive of interest and costs) shall not be liable to the Buyer for loss of market or profit, actual. contingent or consequential losses, expenses or damages howsoever arising suffered or incurred by the Buyer.
- Goods represented by the Buyer to be defective shall not form the subject of any claim for work done by the Buyer or for any loss, damage or expense whatsoever arising directly or indirectly from such defects and the Buyer shall be entitled only to such benefits (if any) as the Seller may receive under the guarantee or warranty given to the Seller by a supplier in respect of the Goods or any of them. Defects in quality shall not be a ground for cancellation of the contract or, if it is a contract for delivery by instalments, future instalments.
- The Buyer shall use in relation to any Goods the registered trade marks of the Seller or any other trade mark registered from time to time by the Seller.
- The Buyer shall be solely responsible for the consequences of any patent, trade mark, design or copyright infringement or any other infringement of a third party’s rights resulting from the Buyer’s use or any of the Goods and the Buyer shall fully and completely indemnify the Seller in respect of all damages costs, charges and expenses for which the Seller may be liable as a result of any such infringement or alleged infringement.
STOPPAGE OF DELIVERIES - TERMINATION
17. If the Buyer shall make default in or commit a breach of the contract including any of these conditions or of any other of its obligations to the Seller whether under this Contract and these conditions or otherwise, or if any distress or execution shall be levied upon the Buyer’s property or assets, or if the Buyer shall make an offer to make an arrangement or composition with its creditors, or commit an act of bankruptcy, or if any petition or receiving order shall be presented or made against it of if the Buyer is a limited company any petition or resolution to wind up such company shall be presented or passed, or if a receiver or a receiver and manager of such company’s undertaking, property assets or any part thereof shall have been appointed, the Seller shall have the right to forthwith at its discretion to terminate any contract then subsisting with the Buyer and upon written notice of any such termination being given to the Buyer, any such contract shall deem to be terminated without prejudice to any claim or right the Seller might have or exercise.
DETAILS - SPECIFICATIONS
18. Details, drawings, specifications, dimensions and other descriptions used by the Seller in connection with the Goods are intended to be accurate but shall not import into the contract any condition or warranty in this respect. Furthermore, no statement, description, information, warranty condition or representation contained in any catalogue price list, advertisement or communication or made verbally by any agent, representative employees or officers of the Seller shall be construed to enlarge, vary, or override in any way of these Conditions. The Seller reserves the right in its absolute discretion at any time to change any specifications in respect of the Goods.
DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998
19. We may transfer information about you to our financiers, who:
- May use, analyse and assess information about you, including the nature of your transactions, and exchange such information with other members of their group of companies and others for credit or financial assessment, market research, statistical analysis, insurance claim, underwriting and training purposes and in making payments and servicing their agreement with us:
- From time to time, may make searches of your record at credit reference agencies where your record with such agencies may include searches made and information given by other businesses: details of their searched will be kept by such agencies but will not be seen by other organisations that may make searches:
- May give information about you and your indebtedness to the following:
- our or their insures for underwriting and claims purposes;
- any guarantor or indemnifier of your or our obligations to enable then assess such obligations;
- their bankers or any advisers acting in their behalf;
- any business to whom your indebtedness or our arrangements with our financiers may be transferred - to facilitate such transfer;
- May monitor and/or record any phone calls you may have with them, for training and/or security purposes;
- In the event that they transfer all or any of their rights and obligations under their agreement with us to a third party, may transfer information about you to enable the third party to enforce their rights or comply with the obligations.
- We will provide you with details of our financiers on request, including a contact telephone number if you want to have details of the credit reference agencies and other third parties referred to above from whom they may give information about you. You also have the right to receive a copy of certain information they hold about you if you apply to them in writing. However a fee will be payable.
20. Any notice to be given hereunder shall be deemed to have been given two days after its being posted to the last known address of the Seller or Buyer as the case may be provided that if the Buyer’s address is outside the U.K. notice shall be deemed to have been given ten days after its being posted. The Seller and the Buyer agree to give the other notice of any changes of address within seven days of such change taking place and if such notice is not given the notices may be validly served at the last known address of the Seller or Buyer as the case may be.
BUYER CANNOT ASSIGN
21. The Buyer hereby acknowledges that it cannot assign its rights under this agreement.
22. These Conditions and any contract of which they form a part shall in all respects be governed by English law.
Whilst very effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained within this web site, Manufacturers may change specification and prices without notice.
Colour reproduction is limited by printing process. All colour indications should only be regarded as a guide.
E & OE 2008.